Re: Java Stored Procedure hangs

From: C <cnsxxx09_at_netscape.net>
Date: 5 Oct 2001 06:21:10 -0700

> cnsxxx09_at_netscape.net says...
> >
> >Hi,
> >
> >If I re-compile my Java Stored Procedure, when accessing Oracle again
> >it seems to hang when I do *anything* vaguely related to Java (for
> >instance running it, or even re-running 'create or replace
> >procedure....as language JAVA...').
> >
> >Is the Oracle JVM stable? Are the some settings that I haven't set? or
> >is there anything else anyone can suggest? It seems to be pretty poor
> >for this to happen.......
> >

> never heard of such a thing and I do the create or replace lots.
>
> Give us an example -- cut and paste from sqlplus preferable. lets see the java
> and the statement that causes the hang. give us something to reproduce with.
>
> Also, its extremely useful to know versions of software, operating systems,
> yadda, yadda, yadda. The more info, the better.

Well, this *was* happening extremely consistently, ie 100%, (Oracle 8.1.7 on Solaris 2.7)....and now 24hrs later and after a DB re-start, I can't reproduce the error at all - which is both a good and a bad thing. I'll let you know if it re-occurs because I'm already facing hostility from PL/SQL developers who are looking for any opportunity to say that Java Stored Procs are unstable/slow/etc etc

Chris.