Re: How to resize initial extent of a table?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 21:34:24 +0100

Did you use the full 'deallocate' syntax - if you want to reduce the initial extent you have to specify the amount of space
above the high water mark that you want
to keep - e.g.

alter table xxx deallocate unused keep 1M;

If you omit the KEEP clause, then you only release space above MINEXTENTS.

--
Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Host to The Co-Operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Author of:

Screen saver or Life saver: http://www.ud.com
Use spare CPU to assist in cancer research.