How to resize initial extent of a table?

From: Chris Neubauer <water.world_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 09:22:08 +0200

Hi,

I said 'would you please import the database' ... and our DBAs did it. But when I had a look, I frowned: Each table consisted of one single extent, several have a size of 2 GB. Ok, after my first cleanup the Table is only 200 MB large, but the Extent of 2 GB remains.

How can I shrink the initial extent of my table, without re-importing the complete database? I tried 'alter table ... deallocate unused', but it did not work as expected ... are there any tricks?

Regards,
Sebastian Received on Mon Sep 24 2001 - 02:22:08 CDT