Re: SELECT

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 15:12:27 GMT

It is fully capable, but the license agreement has restrictions. They are relying on your honesty.
Again to solve this "rownum" problem:
Look at the AskTom web site. Sure he has it. http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:1: http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:138613::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID,F 4950_P8_CRITERIA:555422909506,%7Brownum%7D and
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:127412348 064

Auto incriment see sequence numbers in the documentation. If you are looking for rows x through y in the table they really don't have a meaning in sql. (What you are really saying is get me the tuples from the xth tuple to the yth tuple in an unordered and unlimited - no restriction on the predicate - set of data. What the database - any sql database serves up in that case could be different each time you ask.) On the other hand, if you have a specific ordered result set - e.g. the list of employees who are managers ordered by hire date which ones were hired 10th thru 30th then that makes some sence.
Jim