Oracle Personal Edition - need help (newbie)

From: sws <webmaster_at_stevenspage.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 13:58:33 GMT

Hello:

I've recently downloaded both the Personal Edition of Oracle 8i and Enterprise Edition Rel 3 for Win2K. Both products give me the same problem: I can't seem to connect to the database. Then it occurs to me (duh) - is the database itself even included with these freeware products, or are we only getting the DBA Studio, SQL+ and other dev tools? I note that Oracle 9i database is listed by itself as a download at http://otn.oracle.com/products/. But no mention of an 8i standalone database.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steven W. Sthole : mailto:stevensthole_at_yahoo.com