Re: SELECT

From: Uli Herberg <uh_de_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 15:41:27 +0200

"Himansu" <m.himansu_at_sify.com> schrieb
> In Oracle you have got a rownum for each row the select stmt fetches.
> So you can restrict the no of rows by writting:
> SELECT * FROM tablename where rownum <= 10;

Thanks. But it only works for rownums < x and not for rownums between x and y. (Davide wrote: "Conditions testing for ROWNUM values greater than a positive integer are always false").
AFAIK the only possibility to do this is to add a column "id" or the like and to auto_increment the number. Is this possible in Oracle (I only know it works in MySQL)? Then I could perform SELECT FROM tablename WHERE id >= 10 AND id <= 20
Is this correct?

Another Question: I have seen one can download Oracle9i from www.oracle.com. Is this a trial version? Or a limited version for private purposes?

Thanks in advance
Uli Received on Sat Sep 22 2001 - 08:41:27 CDT