Re: Database mismatch

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 3 Sep 2001 19:47:07 -0500

On 3 Sep 2001, postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl wrote:

> 7.x svrmgr23.exe plus33 (DOS) and plus33w (GUI) (this also
> applies to 8.0 and 8i:

It doesn't apply to 8.1.7. I have sqlplus and svrmgrl for command line tools and sqlplusw for the gui.

> plus80w and sqlplusw for GUI access and plus80 and sqlplus for
> DOS only
>
> we probably also should add
> exp, imp and sqlldr
>
> 8i exp imp sqlldr
> 80 exp80 imp80 sqlldr80
> 73 exp73 imp73 sqlldr73

Okay,

So it looks like: (Is it coming out in tabular format for everybody's newsreaders? It will soon be in html, but want to make tables are readable by other newsreaders.)

ORACLE SUPPLIED UTILITIES FOR BOTH NT AND 2000:

                        SQL             SQL
Version  DBA            (Command Line)  (GUI)     Export  Import  sqlldr
8i       svrmgrl        sqlplus         sqlplusw  exp     imp     sqlldr
8.x      svrmgr30.exe   plus80          plus80w   exp80   imp80   sqlldr80
7.x      svrmgr23.exe   plus33          plus33w   exp73   imp73   sqlldr73

I guess we could just explain the pattern, but then someone would be bound to ask how to read the pattern.

Have we got it correct?

--
Galen Boyer
It seems to me, I remember every single thing I know.