Re: Database mismatch

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 3 Sep 2001 03:25:20 -0700

Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com> wrote in message news:<uu1yns5ts.fsf_at_verizon.net>...
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, harrisr_at_bignet.net wrote:
>
> >> svrmgrl is exactly that on win2K and I think it was the same
> >> name on NT. It is a command line interface just like the UNIX
> >> utility. sqlplus runs in a shell window just like UNIX as
> >> well. (On NT it was plus80).
> >>

> > I guess my memory is misbehaving (hardly an uncommon
> > occurrence, I fear). I could have sworn the utility was called
> > SVRMGR23.EXE with Oracle 7 and SVRMGR30.EXE with Oracle 8, for
> > both NT and Win2K.
> >
> > Sorry for the error, everyone.
>
> No need to be sorry because I was talking from an 8i perspective.
> I do believe you are correct and also that I mistated my
> perspective. Let me try again with your correction about srvmrgl
> on 8i as well as 8.0 and a question.
>
> I will submit this to the CoopFAQ on behalf of the group when we
> get the list correct. I will also come back later and add
> executables.
>

> FOR BOTH NT AND 2000
> Version DBA SQL
> -------- -------------- ---------
> 8i svrmgrl sqlplus
> 8.x svrmgr30.exe plus80
> 7.x svrmgr23.exe ???
>
> I checked google on behalf of Randy, and his memory looks quite
> good. :-)

7.x svrmgr23.exe plus33 (DOS) and plus33w (GUI) (this also applies to 8.0 and 8i: plus80w and sqlplusw for GUI access and plus80 and sqlplus for DOS
only

we probably also should add
exp, imp and sqlldr

8i         exp            imp             sqlldr
80         exp80          imp80           sqlldr80
73         exp73          imp73           sqlldr73

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Mon Sep 03 2001 - 05:25:20 CDT