Help with Visual Basic "INSERT" statement

From: Teresa Redmond <pixelmeow_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 17:12:27 -0400

Hi, all:

I am using Visual Basic 6 to connect to an Oracle 8i database and add records. I have a sequence defined, main_pkey, which increments the pkey field of the main table. I have this code, using RDO, in VB, which updates the table main:

      rs.rdoColumns("pkey").Value = main_pkey.nextval
      rs.rdoColumns("title").Value = Decode(i).First.Title
      rs.rdoColumns("onlink").Value = Decode(i).First.OnLink
      rs.rdoColumns("northbc").Value = Decode(i).First.NorthBC

Now, as you probably know, that first line doesn't work. Does *anyone* here know how I can do this???

Thanks in advance,

--
Teresa Redmond
Associate Software Engineer