Deploying Oracle

From: Andrew Johnson <andrew.johnson_at_int-link.com>
Date: 28 Aug 2001 08:16:33 -0700

Hi,

I am new to oracle configuration and would greatly appreciate some help. I have successfully installed and am now currently developing an application in Oracle 8i.

The application development I am doing consists of a series database items (tables, procedures, functions etc) all of which can be created from a prompt using sql. This database will hopefully become a part of a product offering from our company. Our current product range can be installed using an installshield install. It would be useful for us to install oracle and then run a series of sql files in order to build up the database instance.

What I would like to know is, is it possible to install oracle as part of an installshield package? We have done it previously with Interbase but I am unsure as to whether this is possible with oracle. If it is how would I go about it? Is there some sort of deployment kit? Is it documented?

Any advice will be welcomed

Thanks in advance

Andrew D Johnson BSc(Hons)
andrew.johnson_at_int-link.com Received on Tue Aug 28 2001 - 10:16:33 CDT