Re: Personal Oracle for Win98 Disaster

From: Mark Sayer <marksayer_99_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:31:52 -0500

Hi,

Perhaps there may be something wrong with my hardware. I can neither fully agree nor disagree with that possibility. This is a Dell Optiplex Gx110. I am back to working again but what a nightmare it was. whew!!!

Needless to say, I am little leery of installing Personal Oracle for Win98. BUT...I *need* to learn DB stuff. Fortunately, I have JBuilder5 Enterprise and have decided to play with the InterBase that comes with it. Originally I was hoping to stay with Oracle all the way.

I also downloaded mySQL. I haven't installed it yet.

If I can ask you a favour...given that I have access to Win98 and Win2000 and own JBuilder5 Enterprise, which Database would you recommend for a beginner?

TIA Regards
Mark