Re: MS Access usefulness and size restrictions

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 08:52:47 +0100

"Richard H. Rowson" <richard_at_rhrowson.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:9g6288$r99$1_at_news6.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Anecdotal evidence from a software house was that Oracle took 4 man days
> install on an NT4 server. SQL Server took 30 minutes. Which one do you
 think
> many clients prefer if they do not need the sheer horse power of Oracle?

Then put simply that software house did not know what it was doing. Yes the Oracle installer is , how shall we say, somewhat esoterically designed. It still works though. hey you can even use the tried and tested IT professional approach of just clicking next until the install stops.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA