Re: Newbie Question

From: Ted Knijff <knijff_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 12:49:14 GMT

We have no problems doing this with VB 6.0 and Oracle 8.0.5. Tips :
- the old versions of VB only allowed 255 chars in a string - try the same thing with MS-Query via ODBC to see if you ODBC driver truncates the strings
- Oracle 7.3.4 certainly can handle strings of >256 chars, so look elsewhere

HTH Ted

On 24 Apr 2001 23:31:50 GMT, agerth_at_terra.com.br wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have a newbie question, and would appreciate any answer.. :)
>
>I am developing a system with VB, using Oracle 7.3.. and when I pass a line
>with more than 256 characters, oracle is returning me an error, of
>unfinished string or something like that.. if I put the same command in sql
>plus, but using two lines with less than 256 characters each, it works
>fine..
>
>Why is this happening?? What can I do to make Oracle understand more than
>256 chars?
>My parameter is an insert, and I can cut the line, making an insert and then
>making an update, but I would like to know first if I can do something to
>make it understand the commands..
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Ana

> http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+ groups
> NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts
>made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email abuse_at_newsone.net

EMail: knijff_at_bigfoot.com Received on Sat Apr 28 2001 - 07:49:14 CDT