Newbie Question

From: <agerth_at_terra.com.br>
Date: 24 Apr 2001 23:31:50 GMT

Hello,

I have a newbie question, and would appreciate any answer.. :)

I am developing a system with VB, using Oracle 7.3.. and when I pass a line with more than 256 characters, oracle is returning me an error, of unfinished string or something like that.. if I put the same command in sql plus, but using two lines with less than 256 characters each, it works fine..

Why is this happening?? What can I do to make Oracle understand more than 256 chars?
My parameter is an insert, and I can cut the line, making an insert and then making an update, but I would like to know first if I can do something to make it understand the commands..

Thanks in advance,

Ana