Re: Oracle 8i for NT question.....

From: John C <jc_at_netspace.net.au>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 06:29:32 GMT

I had this problem on an NT laptop and it came down to authentication Seems Oracle thought it was / is part of a network but it is mostly standalone.
Look for additional error messages in the log and trace files.

If SQLNET.ORA file has an authentication line with "= (NTS)" try making it "= (NONE)

JC