Oracle 8i for NT question.....

From: Richard <richchen_at_ms6.hinet.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 01:19:30 +0800

Deal all,

I recently installed Oracle 8i (8.1.6) for NT on Windows 2000. This machine is a member server of one NT domain.

Installation is OK and applications can connect the Oracle database without problem if the login account is created on the machine.

But any applications tried connect the Oracle database if they were run by any domain user, the error message prompted out:

ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel.

I tried again by adding some Domain users in Administartors group and enabling guests account on that machine, the same error still happened.

I read the document and that really doesn't help. I copied the desciprtion as the following:

Cause:
An unexpected end-of-file was processed on the communication channel. The problem could not be handled by the Net8, two task, software. This message could occur if the shadow two-task process associated with a Net8 connect has terminated abnormally, or if there is a physical failure of the
interprocess communication vehicle, that is, the network or server machine went down.
In addition, this message could occur when ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION or ALTER SYSTEM DISCONNECT SESSION were issued with the IMMEDIATE qualifier because, in those cases, the client's connection to the database is terminated without waiting for the client to issue a request.

Action:
If this message occurs during a connection attempt, check the setup files for the appropriate Net8 driver and confirm Net8 software is correctly installed
on the server. If the message occurs after a connection is well established, and the error is not due to a physical failure, check if a trace file was generated on the server at failure time. Existence of a trace file may suggest an Oracle internal error that requires the assistance of customer support.

It seems that Oracle 8i behaves quite different between Unix-based OS and Mircosoft NT.

Can anyone advise me what is really happening ??

Thank you !!

Richard L. Chen Received on Tue Apr 24 2001 - 12:19:30 CDT