Re: How can i select the new(or newly updated) records if there is no timestamp filed in my table?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 18:44:15 -0000

As a minor variant on Brian's suggestion.

If you are unable to add columns to the table because it belongs to a 3rd party app, you may still be able to add a trigger which traps the primary key and uses it to update (insert/mark as deleted) rows on a parallel table.

--
Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases

Publishers:  Addison-Wesley
See a first review at:
http://www.ixora.com.au/resources/index.htm#practical_8i
More reviews at: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html