CONTINUE loop

From: Thorsten Kettner <thorsten_kettner_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 15:44:47 GMT

Hi, I am rather new with PL/SQL and wonder if there isn't a CONTINUE statement like in other languages, to skip statements in a loop and continue with the next iteration. Please look at my very simple example to clearify what I mean. I use GOTO and a lable instead and even need a dummy command to be allowed to use the lable at the end of the loop:

FOR lrec_emp IN curs_emp LOOP
{some processing for any employee}

  IF lrec_order.dept_id <> ln_dept_id THEN     GOTO NextEmp;
  END IF;
{some processing for employees of the given departement}
<<NextEmp>>
  ln_dummy := ln_dummy;
END LOOP; Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Mon Jan 08 2001 - 09:44:47 CST