Analytical functions (and another new SQL) in 8i

From: Amy A. Miller <milleraa_at_isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 14:52:52 -0500

Hello out there--

Does anyone know of any books, documentation, etc. on the new SQL function in Oracle 8i (vs 7.3)? I'm particularly interested in the analytical functions (LEAD/LAG, RANK, etc), and really would like something that talks about new features, rather than a huge book which covers all of the 8i release. I've seen the whitepaper on technet.oracle.com, and am hoping someone knows of other resources. Also, does anyone have a feeling on what Oracle's training approach is for learning such new features? Do they offer classes in differences between versions oriented just toward the SQL?

Please reply to me directly (milleraa_at_isc.upenn.edu) as well as to the group.
Thanks,
Amy Miller

Amy A. Miller, Data Analyst
University of Pennsylvania ISC
Office of Data Administration
3401 Walnut, Suite 265C /6228
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6228
Phone: 215-898-2171 Fax:215-898-0386
Email: milleraa_at_isc.upenn.edu Received on Fri Jan 05 2001 - 13:52:52 CST