Re: Views with Outer Join

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 10:29:45 +0100

Not sure whether this will resolve this, but this is the way I try to conceptualize your problem

You have

table2 ->> table3 ->> table4 ->>(+) table5 <<- table1

Correct?

You now problably have an inner join between table5 and table1. There the confusion starts, because it looks like this should be an outer join too. However, you can't have an outer join on *both* sides of table5. Could you provide a *small* set of problem data. As your output seems to garble, if you can export it as comma delimited and text columns quoted.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA