UTL_FILE on client

From: Bill <wsprouse_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 23:16:58 GMT

Hello all.

I am trying to use the UTL_FILE package to write output to a file on a client computer. The client is NT 4.0, Oracle is on a Unix box and I am running the code in SQL*Plus on the client. The documentation seems to suggest I can use this package to write to files on the client - is this true?

When I run the code the INVALID PATH exception is raised when I use the UTL_FILE.FOPEN. I am trying to direct the output to a directory and file on the NT client.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Dec 14 2000 - 17:16:58 CST