RAID 5 or 5 hard disks?

From: Allen <allenh_at_starbase.neosoft.com>
Date: 7 Dec 2000 09:47:43 -0600

I've always installed my databases with indexes on one HD, RBS on another, etc.. now I'm in a new environment where they want to use a Raid 5 disk box that will have all my datafiles in the same volume. Supposedly the RAID stuff will take care of spreading out the files on different HDs. Is this cool, or should I still insist on several different HDs within the Raid 5 environment?

thx.. Allen Received on Thu Dec 07 2000 - 09:47:43 CST