Re: Universal Installer Totally Dead

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 15:54:37 GMT

In addition to the other two responses previously given, I thought that I would add some more info that pertains to Oracle's wonderful UI. :)

You'll also want to remove any hint of ORACLE_HOME from the PATH environment variable. Also change the CLASSPATH environment variable to just a semicolon, ';'. Also remove the C:\Program Files\Oracle subdirectory.

Ah, the joys of learning how to uninstall just so the wonderful UI will run to completion!!! :)

HTH,
Brian

David Murphy wrote:

> Hi - we just installed Ora 8.1.6 over 8.1.5. When we try to run the
> Universal Installer again it completely dies.
>
> Does anyone know how to remove all trace of Oracle on a Win 2000 box
> and start over rather than having to rebuild the entire machine?
>
> Thanks
> David M
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.