Re: Universal Installer Totally Dead

From: Shelby Cain <vhorrit_at_n-o-s-p-a-m.hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 02:21:56 GMT

I have the best luck with:

  1. Remove as many products as possible with the Oracle Installer
  2. Stop any running oracle services
  3. Delete HKLM\Software\Oracle using regedit
  4. Delete the Oracle home directories
  5. Reboot and remove any files you couldn't delete before
  6. Remove any reference to Oracle home directories from your path
  7. Remove any Oracle related entries from your start menu
  8. Reinstall Oracle

These instructions are a bare minimum (there may be other registry entries) -- but has worked for me without fail for mixed client/server installations of 8.0.x and 8.1.x on NT.

Regards,

Shelby Cain