Oracle 8i OS_ROLES Crashing

From: Paul <paul_at_yeahright.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 18:26:10 +0100

Hi

Im having problems trying to set OS_ROLES to true on Oracle 8i Enterprise Manager. This is on NT and using service pack 6. I log into the database instance using the enterprise manager, as SYSDBA, and alter the parameter OS_ROLES to 'true' then try to apply the changes. The enterprise manager shuts down the database instance and then trys to restart it. This is where it falls over. I get the error message : The exception (org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM) occurred. I then have to restart my server as an internal NT error occurs whenever I try to start up the Enterprise Manager again.
I have already tried manually setting this parameter in the init.ora file for my database instance, however this stops the Enterprise manager from launching.
I have also tryed reinstalling NT.
Please help me as I have scoured the web for answers but to no avail :( Also I have no hair left.

Thanks
Paul Hargreaves Received on Wed Oct 04 2000 - 12:26:10 CDT