Re: Advice pls - Migration Workbench crashing (runtime error)

From: Rod Wright <rodwright_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 06:28:46 GMT

In article <q6gv5.49110$c5.136252_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com>,   "Carl Sarelius" <Carl.Sarelius_at_bigpond.com> wrote:
> Disregard this message - I believe I have established the cause of the
> problem.
>
> CS

So Carl,
What did you discover wrong. I'm having the same problem. An Access 97 database goes in fine, but an Access 2000 database fails with the "C++ error" you described. I have 2 databases I'm trying to load. One of them I was able to convert to "Prior version" with no problem. But the other gives me an "Invalid data type" error.

What did you do to get past your problem?

Rod Wright

> "Carl Sarelius" <Carl.Sarelius_at_bigpond.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need some advice with a problem concerning Oracle Migration
 Workbench.

> > My system is an NT4 Server with SP6 and multiple drives. I have
 recently
> > installed O8i and WebDb. No problems so far. I wanted to migrate an
 Access
> > 97 db to use it in 8i to eventually create a web app using WebDb.
 Reading
> > the documentation I was led to believe that I needed to get the
 Migration
> > Workbench, so I downloaded that and installed it with no apparent
 problems
> > being reported. Through Control Panel, I made an ODBC connection to
 the
> > Access db (as advised thru the OMW Wizard). At the next window,
 prompting
 me
> > to Add a database, I navigate to the Access db, select it and click
 Open.
 At
> > this point, after a few seconds, a dialog box (titled 'Microsoft
 Visual
 C++
> > Runtime Library') is returned with the following info:
> >
> > Runtime Error!
> > Program C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.7\bin\jrew.exe
> > abnormal program termination
> >
> > Does anybody have any experience with this? What could be the cause?
 Should
> > I even be trying to bring in Access this way, or is there another,
 more
> > simple way? I've looked for bug reports but haven't been able to
 find any.

--
Rod Wright rodwright_at_connect-atlanta.com
CONNECT-Tools

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.