Re: Why ORACLE 8i is IMPOSSIBLE to install under Linux?

From: Doug O'Leary <dkoleary_at_mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 21:27:20 -0700

Hey;

I know this is an old thread; however, hopefully not too old. I was having some fun doing this exact thing a couple of months back. There's a web site out there that made it a *whole* lot easier for me - particularly since I know very little about Oracle (hence the desire to install it). The particular link is:

http://jordan.fortwayne.com/oracle/

Worked like champ the first time through. Of course, now I have to configure the damned thing which is making life more than entertaining...

HTH; Doug

--
Douglas K. O'Leary