Re: Net8

From: Jerry <america_at_usa.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 16:25:17 -0500

Authur,

You said in an earlier post that you have Oracle8i PE installed, now you say you are using Oracle for Windows 95 sql plus tool. Does that not come with personal Oracle 7 ? If so you have Two Oracle products installed and thus probably have two Oracle Homes and thus two Oracle directory structures. You need to copy the tnsnames.ora file from C:\oracle8i\network\admin to C:\orawin\net80\admin for personal oracle 7 tools to work against Oracle8i.