Net8

From: Arthur <mechhunter_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 17:36:31 GMT

Sorry about the mass post -
How do you delete a server from Oracle names servers from within net8 ?
I managed to delete it once but then it comes up with some Null value for name not allowed (I can't delete it not thus the exact erro message escape me)

I managed to get the listener working and all now *phew* My main problem is that - when I do a 'Discover Oracle name server' - NOTHING come up even though there is a created server within the 'Oracle names servers' folder. However, I think I have create it wrong and thus I like to delete it and recreate it but I can't - nor can I just ADD another server under the folder.

Can someone shed some light or help a dying guy here.?

Arthur

WOW - I just tested it and something else interesting happened. When I go tot oracle net service name and 'tested' the connection it WORKED!!! Which means the listener is listening on the right port and all and it logs into the database. BUT - when I tried to access the database with the listener running and log in thru Oracle for Window 95 - SQL*Plus and I put in Scott/tiger - Host as : Oracle and it comes up with TNS 12154- Can not resolve service name.

I have looked into my TNSNAMES.ORA and the SID is ORCL yet it won't take it. Geeze, I am SO CLOSE - I think. Mind you, I still don't know my default service name and thus I am unable to test it with Namesctl.

Hmm - help ? Anyone got any idea ??? Received on Thu Sep 28 2000 - 12:36:31 CDT