Re: Net8

From: Arthur <mechhunter_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 05:35:37 GMT

Hi,

I have 8i PE installed - was using that to learn PL/SQL. Now I am learning forms and report and have installed Oracle Developer 6.0. (that is what's coming up on my start - program bar).
I have got the listener running and when I test the database connection with Net8 Assistance - Net service name - it connects into as Scott / Tiger and it works.
However, when I try to connect via Oracle for Win95 - SQL*PLUS and log in as Scott/Tiger .. I still get the same TNS 12154 error. I have tried logging in as Internal/Oracle/Orcl and also Intenal/Oracle/Orcl and both give me the same error.

I also went thru my directories and copy the TNSNAMES.ORA from Oracle8i\.. to Orawin95\.. - nothing seems to change. Do I need to run something or rather to get it to be recognised ?

My two main concern is that
1 : I have NO idea what the host string should be 2: Namesctl does not work - although the listener fires up and works, Namesctl doesn't. =o(

Please help.

Arthur