ok, now don't laugh.....

From: Jim Kotsonas <jkotsonas_at_lucidityinc.com>
Date: 2000/09/20

Howdy,
Extreme newbie here. I've got a couple of (probably) simple questions for you.

I'm gonna be taking some Oracle classes soon, so I'm trying to get a bit of a head start. I've downloaded Oracle 8i (lite) from the Oracle site, and I'm stumbling through some on-line tutorials.

Question #1 is: First, is there some kind of shortcut for editing a previous
line of text? I've created a table, and when I update/change it, by the time I
get to lines 3 or 4, I find that I need to go back to line 2 to insert an "'". I can't
seem to do this without starting all over. Second, when I created the table, (the table is jimsmp3files, and there's 3 rows; Artist, Song title and Misc.
I set the "varchar" for Misc at (20) which ended up being too short.I'd like to
update it to (30), but can't quite figure out how. And thirdly, how does one
save one's work, and then access it again. When I went to "File>save", it only saved the last bit that I was working on, not the complete table.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Take care,

Jim Received on Wed Sep 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT