Re: svrmgrl hangs on "shutdown immediate"

From: <gmei_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 16:28:55 GMT

What I found interesting on NT was that:

If I started the instance using "control panel"->"services" GUI tool, then use svrmgrl to shutdown instance (like your script does). Now if I go back to "control panel"->"services" I can still see instance being up.

Is this an oracle bug or there is something I did wrong?

Thanks.

Guang

In article <8piiuv$cgt$1_at_porthos.nl.uu.net>,   "Frank" <frankbo_at_interaccess.nl> wrote:
> No problem with NT4WS/SP5:
> D:\>set oracle_sid=orcl
> D:\>svrmgrl
>
> Oracle Server Manager Release 3.1.6.0.0 - Production
>
> Copyright (c) 1997, 1999, Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
>
> Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.6.0.0 - Production
> With the Partitioning option
> JServer Release 8.1.6.0.0 - Production
>
> SVRMGR> connect internal
> Password:
> Connected.
> SVRMGR> startup
> ORACLE instance started.
> Total System Global Area 85263628 bytes
> Fixed Size 70924 bytes
> Variable Size 76922880 bytes
> Database Buffers 8192000 bytes
> Redo Buffers 77824 bytes
> Database mounted.
> Database opened.
> SVRMGR> shutdown immediate
> Database closed.
> Database dismounted.
> ORACLE instance shut down.
> SVRMGR> exit
> Server Manager complete.
>
> --
> Frank
> Walter T Rejuney <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
> 39B837E3.7F901E16_at_Unforgetable.com...
> > I am working on NT Server 4.0 with a Oracle 8i Release 2
 datatabase. If
> > I try to use svrmgrl to perform a "shutdown immediate", the database
> > apparently shuts down but the svrmgrl does not return unless I do a
> > ctrl-c. However, I can use instance manager to take the database up
 and
> > down without a problem and I can also shut it down using the
 services
> > control panel. Has anyone ever seen this before? Is there a fix?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Sep 11 2000 - 11:28:55 CDT