problem with ORACLE, OLE-DB, ASP

From: Maru <marucanc_at_tin.it>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 11:52:40 +0200

Hi everyone. I am new in programming.. I do need help!!! I have a problem connecting an Oracle db using ASP tecnology and OLE-DB. In my asp page I put:

dbConn="Provider=MSDAORA.1;Data
Source=source_name;Database=database_name;User ID=user_id;Password=password;"
set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") rs.Open ......., dbConn

This page will run on a server with windows 2000 and IIS 5.0. The connection doesn' work.
Do I have to install something special on my server? somthing like an oracle client?
Please! Help me :)

Marusca Received on Thu Sep 07 2000 - 04:52:40 CDT