Re: problem with ORACLE, OLE-DB, ASP

From: Eric Givler <egivler_at_flash.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 17:13:06 GMT

I had this working with the oracle ole db driver but I installed the 8.1.6 client on my machine to do it.
When you use the MSDAORA, you are using the Microsoft OleDB driver, not Oracle's. You still need to have an Oracle client loaded. I had some problems getting this all straightened out when I had older oracle products that used SQL*Net V2 vs the newer products using Net8. Removing all the junk and installing the latest client and ole-db drivers worked fine. I think there was also an OCIW32.dll (or something like that) located in an incorrect directory (like \winnt\system32) instead of \%Oraroot%\bin

Good luck.