Re: problem with ORACLE, OLE-DB, ASP

From: Russell England <russ_at_css2.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 13:34:44 GMT

I couldn't figure out how to use old-db either and tried to use the same connection as you have.

I did manage to figure out how to do an ODBC connection though using 2: as the database name, which means use the local oracle server:

Create an odbc connection called ora7 with an sql*net connection string of 2:

Then use this for the asp connection:
dbConn="data source=Ora7;dbq=2:;user id=" & strUserID & ";password=" & strPassword & ";"

Theres probably a much better way to connect, but this one works for me and I haven't had the time to investigate it further.

Cheers

Russ