Re: Oracle clients for Macs?

From: <gmei_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 19:54:06 GMT

Hi:

There was a sqlplus on Mac that I used about 4 years ago. It works for Oracle 7.3. I am not sure if it is upgraded. It was free. You might want to try finding the CD and see if it works with Oracle8.

Or you can just use sqlplus on Unix box if you have access to it. Learn how to use sqlplus would help you greatly in the long run.

Hope this helps.

Guang.

In article <39ABEB47.43B52EAE_at_umich.edu>,   Lance E Sloan <lsloan_at_umich.edu> wrote:
> I need to work with some data in an Oracle database.
> I've got a Mac. That's the root of my problem.
> I like my Mac, therefore, I would like to find an
> Oracle client for it, free, shareware, or commercial.
>
> I'd like something similar to Microsoft Access or
> Erwin, so that I can manipulate the data and tables
> graphically. Any suggestions?
>
> Alternatively, I would be happy with a graphical
> client that is made for UNIX (Solaris 2.6) or
> is written in Java.
>
> I would appreciate it if responses to this article
> are cc'ed to me, lsloan_at_umich.edu, in addition to
> being posted to the newsgroup. My newsserver is
> not reliable and loses some articles.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Aug 29 2000 - 14:54:06 CDT