how to set up oracle user ( begginer question)

From: <jkucharski_at_altavista.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 12:00:52 +0100

Hi,

I have an oracle database on solaris installed by oracle user.

Now how can I create a new user who will be able to execute only certain commands from /oracle..../bin ( e.g. run sqlplus )

Is it better to create a group which will have these provileges ( how ) ? An then assign a user to this group ?
I already have a group called DBA ( but this group is too powerfull for the new user to be in ).

This user also has to have the PATH to be set up ( i think .profile will take care of it ).

I am quite ignorant at the moment how to do this.

Please any suggestions and pointers to books will be appreciated.

Thanks
Jan
jkucharski_at_altavista.net Received on Fri Aug 25 2000 - 06:00:52 CDT