Re: how to set up oracle user ( begginer question)

From: James Williams <techsup_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 12:23:03 GMT

jkucharski_at_altavista.net wrote:

To create an Oracle user you must add an entry to the Oracle database.

create user xxxx identified by yyyyy default tablespace xxxx temporary tablespace dddd; and on and on. Suggest you talk to your Oracle DBA. Regardless of the UNIX group the user is in they must still have a userid in the database. The roles and priviliges granted to this ID determine authority after the initial authentication.