ORACLE ODBC through Microsoft Access 2000

From: <slniemann_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/28

We are running an oracle 8.1.6 database on unix server with many front ends.

One of our developers is trying to connect through ODBC to the database from Microsoft Access 2000 on Windows 98SE.

When trying to create a system DSN for this ODBC connection, we are unable to create a configuration. The wizrd "finishes" without allowing any saving or configuring with no errors showing.

We can access the database from this machine through our other products: T.O.A.D. and SQL*Plus. Therefore the tnsnames.ora is fine and we have apparently all the correct required client files.

Thanks for help in advance.

I can also be reached at (spam fixed)
Niemann.Sheryl_at_broadband.att.DROPTHIScom

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jul 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT