Oracle Installer Question

From: Matt Schultz <nospam_at_nowhere.com>
Date: 2000/07/28

Here's my situation: I have to roll-out Oracle8 to many users in branch offices across the nation as part of a new procurement software package. Right now, users are forced to perform the installation my themselves, having to choose about 12 things from the Custom Install menu. This is quite cumbersome and, to them, often times very confusing, with all the CTRL+clicks and double-clicks, etc.

I'm wondering if there's some internal way to "script" the Oracle Installer. For example, is there a way to create a file that the Installer will look at and user information there to select options during installation? I've tried using Microsoft ScriptIt and AutoIt, but even with those, I have a hard time making the thing work. I've checked the Oracle website (which I found confusing) and didn't come across anything there.

I'm desperately in need of help and would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks in advance,
Matt Schultz Received on Fri Jul 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT