question on ORA-14551

From: luio <lctNOlcSPAM_at_hotmail.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/07/28

If I insert the data into a table from a stand alone procedure, it works fine. but if input it into a function, even wrap it into a store procedure, it reports following error.

what is PDML? how can I fix it? because my function have to return a int and it is recursive called several times. I could not change it to a procedure easily. is there any way to do insert into in function?

ORA-14551 cannot perform a DML operation inside a query

Cause: DML operation like insert, update, delete or select-for- update cannot be performed inside a query or under a PDML slave.

Action: Ensure that the offending DML operation is not performed or use an autonomous transaction to perform the DML operation within the query or PDML slave.

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Fri Jul 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT