Password management in Oracle 8

From: <thtsang_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/23

Hello,

I have questions concerning password management / access management in Oracle8,

  1. Is there any setting to disable a user account if the user has repeated login failure? e.g., disable the account if 3 continuous fails?
  2. Do Oracle keep any password history? We want to know the 3 previous password. At least, we want to prevent the user change the password to the original one.

Or these should be done by the frontend application?

Thanks very much.

Anthony Tsang

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jun 23 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT