Creating database on Linnux

From: Antoanete Koleva <nantoaneta_at_usa.net>
Date: 2000/06/22

Hi guys,

I installed Oracle8i 1.6 on Linux Red Hat 6.1, but unfortunately without starter database:(.
When I started Database Configuration Assistant I choose Typical Creation of database (then I tried the Custom, but again with no success). After 5 hours working ( or at lest progress bar shows that the creation was going on) that progress meter on the screen was indicating just 1% completed work. So I didn't see any progress in creating that database. It's ridiculous! So the database was not created, but even more there's no a message what kind of problem is that?
Two days ago I was advised to be patient and wait for some more time, an hour and more. I follow that advice but the result was the same. The machine's Pentium III/500/128MB.
Any help?

Antoaneta Received on Thu Jun 22 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT