question on oracle 8.1.6 installation on NT 4.0 workstation

From: Alice Xu <axu_at_prodigy.net>
Date: 2000/06/21

I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.6 personal edition on WINNT 4.0 workstation. I got an error message complaining "Error in writing to file C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\msvcrt.dll". I download "libraries update" from Microsoft, it did not help.

Does anyone run into similar problem ? Also does anyone know if 8.1.6 standard edition runs on NT workstation or NT server only?

Thanks in Advance.

Alice Received on Wed Jun 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT