Re: Listener fails to start. (NT 4, Ora 8.1.5)

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/05/25

<rock_cogar_at_my-deja.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 8gjrn5$l7h$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have a development server (Oracle 8.1.5) running on NT 4.0 sp5 that
> has worked great for the last 5 months. An hour or so ago, we had to
> reboot it because of a minor mouse problem, but the listener failed to
> start (the instance DID start).
>
> From the command line, I typed
>
> LSNRCTL START
>
> Result:
>
> Failed to start service, error 0.
>
> At that point the listener control program (LSNRCTL.EXE) halts, and
> Ctrl-C is required to get the command prompt back.
>
> It is not at all clear whether the (content free) error message "Failed
> to start service, error 0." is coming from NT or from LSNRCTL.EXE.
> Also, I have not been able to find any documentation for the listener
> control program (LSNRCTL.EXE).
>
> Anyone have any ideas ?
>
> Thanks,
> Rock.
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Also, I have not been able to find any documentation for the listener
> control program (LSNRCTL.EXE).

Are you serious? Did you search? How about the Net8 documentation?

Please refer to the listener.log file in %ORACLE_HOME%\network\log or the trace file in %ORACLE_HOME%\network\trace for further details on the error.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Thu May 25 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT