Listener fails to start. (NT 4, Ora 8.1.5)

From: <rock_cogar_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/25

Hi,

I have a development server (Oracle 8.1.5) running on NT 4.0 sp5 that has worked great for the last 5 months. An hour or so ago, we had to reboot it because of a minor mouse problem, but the listener failed to start (the instance DID start).

From the command line, I typed

LSNRCTL START Result:

Failed to start service, error 0.

At that point the listener control program (LSNRCTL.EXE) halts, and Ctrl-C is required to get the command prompt back.

It is not at all clear whether the (content free) error message "Failed to start service, error 0." is coming from NT or from LSNRCTL.EXE. Also, I have not been able to find any documentation for the listener control program (LSNRCTL.EXE).

Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks,
Rock.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu May 25 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT