concurrent request question

From: Craigers <dotacion.nospam_at_st-helena.zzn.com>
Date: 2000/04/20

I'm struggling on defining this particular set of circumstances, so hopefully I can make this a bit clearer..

When a concurrent request is generated by the user, for example a report, (at some point) data about the request is inserted into fnd_concurrent_requests (specifically logfile_name, outfile_name, argument_text).

The user name (from fnd_users) is concatenated with the ccid, and this forms the basis for the log and data file names (the actual files being stored in common/log and common/out).

Is it possible to set up a concurrent request set, consisting of a host script and a report, and capture the user name and ccid, hold on to it temporarily (until the report is finished executing) and then, knowing the name and location of the finished product, email, ftp, or perform some such additional process using a host script?

What steps would I take, and/or what is a good reference?

I am continuing to consult Oracle technical reference manuals but it's slow going, and they have proved to be somewhat bereft of good info on the concurrent manager (well, so far)

Thanks

--
Craig Oakland
Oracle Environment