Re: Installing Oracle 8.1.6

From: Fred Pierce <fpierce_at_avialantic.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 11:55:33 GMT

The 8.1 install utilities are X and written in Java. I usually run it remotely using Exceed on a Windows box. Not sure what you mean by the console but any X-term with the env set up right should work. Had some problems using Exceed with the 8.1.5 gui not topping windows right sometimes and entering text in some boxes but the 8.1.6 seems much better and faster. You can start it up and play with it to see if it's working right before commiting to an install.

fdp

--

Fred Pierce (DNRC)- fpierce_at_avialantic.com Mid-Atlantic Aviation on the Web - http://www.avialantic.com ** Mid Atlantic Air Museum WWII Weekend June 2-4 ** World Airshow News **