Installing Oracle 8.1.6

From: K Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 07:32:20 -0400

I will soon be performing my first installation of Oracle 8.1.6 on a Solaris 2.6 box. The only version I have ever installed before is 7.3.4. I read in the installation guide that orainst has been replaced with another installtion program that apparently uses some type of gui. Is this a text gui or an X-Windows gui? Will it run on the console or must it be run from a separate terminal? Received on Thu Apr 06 2000 - 06:32:20 CDT