Re: Microsoft destroys TPC-C records!

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: 2000/03/25

"Tim Uckun" <Malcontent_at_msgto.com> wrote in message news:38D913CF.F6DB1605_at_msgto.com...
> This shuts SQL server out of the picture. Also SQL server cost
> calculations have include a per user license for NT as well as SQL
> server so it does not end up cheaper then Oracle or DB/2. You can run
> these on Solaris or Linux neither one of which has a per user fee
> associated with it.

However many if not most enterprises already have that NT license.

In the end though with enterprise scale db's it isn't a per user license or indeed the cost of the os/database server that is important. It's the ongoing running costs , that's you and me,cost of downtime and sysadmin time and so on.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA